- Expected Amendments To The Tax Legislation For 2017
- Supreme Court ruling on hostile takeover defence costs
- New rules of e-signature
- The Rules Of Compensation For Debt Recovery Costs
- Provisions on the new Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Public Health Product Tax – Tax Allowance For Health Promotion Programmes
- The Most Important Tax Legislative Changes Effective From 2016
- The Legal Aspects Of Telework
- Easier Data Transfer To Countries Outsite The EU
- New Feature For Invoicing Softwares Required
- Mandatory Employment Of Fire Protection Specialists
- Amended Rules Of Proceedings For The Protection Of Possession
- Changing Advertising Tax Rates
Central Statistical Office
- In the period of January–March 2017, the number of employed people was 106 thousand more than a year earlier. The employment rate of people aged 15–64 increased to 67.1%. Details... In the same period, unemployment rate decreased to 4.5%. Details...
- Industrial producer prices rose by 4.2% on average in March 2017 compared to the same period of the previous year. Details...
Budapest Business Journal / Christian Keszthelyi
The Hungarian subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz (Mercedes-Benz Manufacturing Hungary Kft.) has closed a record year seeing EUR 3.4 billion revenues and turning out approximately 190,000 vehicles at the Hungarian plant in Kecskemét, the company announced today during a press conference. Last year the company also performed well in sales, seeing a 38% increase. More...
Budapest Business Journal / MTI
President János Áder on Wednesday appointed the mayor of Paks, János Süli, Hungaryʼs new minister without portfolio in charge of the upgrade of the Paks Nuclear Power Plant, Hungarian news agency MTI reported. More...
The the first Chinese think tank independently registered in Europe, China-CEE Institute was launched on April 24 in Hungary. The launching ceremony was held in the Hungarian Academy of Sciences. In his keynote speech Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) president Wang Weiguang said that the institute would promote exchanges through field study, joint research, conferences, seminars and lectures. An academic committee will be set up, and leading scholars from China and CEE countries will be members of the committee, he added.
By Richard Higgs, Plastics News Europe
US automotive components supplier Lear Corporation is understood to be planning to shut down a car seating covers production plant in northern Hungary laying off more than 800 workers, according to local media reports. More...
In his weekly press briefing, János Lázár, the government office chief, touched on the topic of illegal migration, noting that Hungary and the EU had decided to set up a working group to review Hungary’s tightened asylum laws.More...
According to Hungarian wire service MTI, at yesterday’s plenary session of the European Parliament, Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán claimed that his government’s dedication to the European Union is “unquestionable,” but in many respects the government is dissatisfied with the operations of the EU. More...
bbj.hu / Világgazdaság
A total of 29,400 Hungarian citizens moved abroad last year, a 10% drop compared to the preceding year, while 17,000 Hungarians returned to the country from abroad, according to the latest figures from the Central Statistical Office (KSH), as reported by Hungarian online news daily Világgazdaság. More...
Leaders of road haulage federations in the Visegrád Four countries have adopted a joint declaration against Western European measures restricting competition, according to a press statement sent to the Budapest Business Journal. Representatives met in Budapest on April 21. More...
PM's Press Office
PM Viktor Orban escorted by several cabinet ministers and a large team of leading Hungarian company executives paid a visit to Tbilisi, capital of Georgia. During the visit Georgia’s Economy Minister Giorgi Gakharia and Hungary’s Minister of National Economy Mihaly Varga have signed an investment protection agreement. As the keynote speaker of the Georgian-Hungarian Business Forum, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Péter Szijjártó stressed that within the framework of its "Eastern Opening" policy Hungary is striving to develop trade relations with the Caucasian republics, including Georgia which is Hungary’s second most important partner in the region. More