Painter János Bozsó (1922-1998) collected works of Hungarian religious and folk art and masterpieces of European arts and crafts. He donated his collection to the city of Kecskemét in 1975 and the exhibition opened in 1979. The Bozsó Collection is located in the Klapka House, the former workshop of the artist. In addition to the incredibly rich Bozsó-collection, the museum also hosts the Hanga-collection, one of Hungary's largest collection of clocks and watches. The Klapka House is also home of temporary exhibitions. Currently it is hosting an exhibition of the works of Alfons Mucha, "In the allure of Art Nouveau" (on loan from the Prague Art Museum) which will be open until December 1, 2019.
6000 Kecskemét, Klapka utca 34.
Phone: +36 76/324-625, 417-130
Fax: +36 76/324-625